Find a Tutor
Learning Assistance Center
The Learning Assistance Center provides peer tutoring in most academic subjects at no cost to any undergraduate student. Tutoring is provided 9 a.m.- 10 p.m., seven days a week, depending on tutor availability. To meet with a tutor, please visit the Tutor Request page and follow the instructions. You can watch a short video about how to use our program. Contact Laura Denlinger at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Tutors are currently available in the following subjects:
Accounting, Anthropology, Arabic, Business and Enterprise Management, Biology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Chinese, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Dance, East Asian Languages and Cultures, Economics, Engineering, Finance, French, German, German Studies, Health and Exercise Science, Italian, Japanese, Linguistics, Music, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Physics, Politics and International Affairs, Psychology, Religion, Russian, Sociology, and Spanish
The Learning Assistance Center provides one-on-one academic coaching at no cost and is available to all WFU students. Learn strategies for improving time management and study skills, tips for battling procrastination and zoom fatigue, and more. To schedule an academic coaching session, please visit the Academic Coaching page or contact the team at email@example.com if you have questions.
The Writing Center
The Writing Center offers students both synchronous and asynchronous opportunities to discuss writing and the writing process with trained peer tutors. To schedule an appointment, please visit the Writing Center webpage.
The Math & Stats Center
The Math & Stats Center offers peer tutoring for students who are enrolled in classes in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. To meet with a tutor, please visit the Math and Stats Center webpage.
Additional Peer Tutoring & Review Sessions
- The Chemistry Center – Tutors are available to help students enrolled in CHM 111, 122, 123, and 223. To meet with a tutor, visit the Chemistry Center webpage for more instructions.
- The Biology Center – Tutors in the Biology Center are available from 4-8 pm, Sunday through Thursday. Tutors are available to help students enrolled in BIO 150 and 160. To get the zoom link, email Prof. Pat Lord (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Computer Science Center – Tutors are available to help students enrolled in CSC 111, 112, and 221. In addition to tutor Zoom links provided in the course Canvas page, students can visit the Computer Science Center webpage for more instructions.
- The School of Business – Tutors are available for help sessions in Accounting 111 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday evenings from 6-8pm, and then every day of the week before exams. Students can find more information (including Zoom links for tutoring) in the course syllabus. Contact Anabel Cordano (email@example.com) if you have questions.
- The Physics Department provides help sessions in all 100-level courses. Students may join these sessions anytime between 6-9 pm, every evening except Saturday. Students can find more information (including Zoom links for tutoring) in the course syllabus and Canvas site. Contact Heather Chapman (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
- The Speaking Center provides speech preparation assistance to students in the public speaking course (COM 110) and other course related oral presentations, as well as for speaking engagements outside the classroom. To schedule an appointment, visit the Speaking Center webpage for more instructions.
- Technology Consultants are students who are passionate about technology. They are first tier support for students who might need assistance with a digital project such as a digital essay, podcast, storymap project,website design, and video production and editing techniques. They also offer support for Google Drive, Canvas, Adobe Creative Cloud, Wake Sites, Kaltura and manage scheduling of the One Button video production studio.The Technology Consultants are scheduled in the ZSR Mac Lab from 5 -11 p.m. Mon-Thurs. To schedule an appointment contact Brianna Derr at derrbh.wfu.edu.